Lagos lawyer, Unachukwu denies circulating virus mail


(Nigeria) Lagos lawyer and disqualified Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, sole candidate for Publicity Secretary in the national elections of the association slated for July 30 and 31, John Echezona Unachukwu, has denied circulating virus mail.
Unachukwu in a statement on Tuesday, said “My attention has been drawn to a mail circulated this (Tuesday) morning by the learned Senior Advocate of Nigeria, A. B. Mahmoud which reads in part: ‘Urgent NBA national election security threat. Please do not open the email sent by John Echezona Unachukwu ‘Titled Contact Offer.’
“It is a fishing email aimed at unlawfully obtaining the password to your email account. Please delete the email as soon as you receive it. If you have opened the mail, please delete from your system and change your password. Kindly act fast to prevent your email account from being compromised. Protect your right to vote.” Which originated from the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Secretariat.
“Whereas I do not wish to join issues with the learned Silk who I respect and hold in high esteem, I wish to express my shock and surprise that a candidate seeking election into the office of the NBA President could descend to this level of cheap blackmail and propaganda just in a desperate move to win elections.
“It is worrisome that the NBA Secretariat is now fully working for a candidate seeking election into the office of NBA President to the extent that NBA facilities, the Secretariat staff and ICT platforms are deployed to advance his personal cause and campaign.
“It is more worrisome that while I was in court yesterday July 25, contesting my disqualification from contesting the forthcoming NBA elections, the same cabal that disqualified me hacked into my email, fabricated and disseminated this injurious mail.
“I John Echezona Unachukwu hereb,y dissociate myself from such calculated, frivolous, malicious, unfounded and unwarranted mail being circulated by A.B. Mahmoud SAN, his cohorts and masters at the NBA Secretariat aimed at tarnishing my hard earned reputation and cause disaffection between me, my supporters and our learned colleagues.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UBTH @50: Obaseki hails institution’s role in strengthening Edo healthcare

Tinubu departs Nigeria for Europe on working visit