God has been kind to me ---Ambode

(Nigeria) Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Sunday said that God had been kind to him and promised to serve humanity selflessly throughout his lifetime.

Ambode at a thanksgiving service at the Chapel of Christ the Light, Alausa, Ikeja in commemoration of his first year in office, said that he believed he was on a divine assignment.
"Exactly a year ago, I stood before a larger congregation trying to commit myself to the opportunity that you gave me to serve you and I have tried as much as possible not to misplace that opportunity. I just want to thank everybody for believing in me. When I became a politician, I used to call myself a techno-politician.
‘’I never believed that I could ever survive up till this moment, if not for the grace of God. I believe so much that this is an assignment from God and that is why I am doing it with all my totality and give back to humanity.
"God has been too kind to me and for that reason, I have decided that I will serve the people selflessly to the will of God," the governor said.
He said that his victory at the election was a clear indication that God was involved right from the beginning in spite the challenges he faced the during the exercise.
Ambode said he would continue to draw his strength and inspiration from God.
In his sermon, the Presiding Chaplain of the Chapel, Ven. Femi Taiwo, commended the governor for his sterling performance in the last one year.
Taiwo, who said he was not given to praising people, especially when not necessary, said the administration of Ambode was a regime of noiseless transformation.
He cited the various road projects, educational transformation, street light project, massive investment in security, among others, which he said Ambode administration had carried out.
The cleric prayed for that God would continue to grant him divine guidance in his governance of the state.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UBTH @50: Obaseki hails institution’s role in strengthening Edo healthcare

NBC has no powers to impose fine on broadcast stations --Court