Amaechi didn’t follow due process in Hotel Olympia sale ----Witness

(Nigeria) Former Accountant General of Rivers State, Mr Ngozi  Abu and the Director, Ministry of Finance Incorporated limited, MOFI, Mrs Abiye Tobin-West on Monday, said they were not aware of details of Hotel Olympia concessioned by former Governor Rotimi Amaechi.
Also, the Former Accountant General, Mr Abu who testified at the ongoing commission of inquiry in Port Harcourt, said while he was in office between October 2007 to August 2019,  he had no information relating to receipt or disbursement on Olympia Hotel, adding that no mandate was signed on the hotel that got to him.
"I have no information relating to any receipt, disbursement relating to Olympia hotel. No mandate at all was signed for anything relating to Olympia hotel, neither was it included in any of financial account or statements that I render every year. Since I am not a member of the state executive council, I will not hear about sale, lease or concession. Nobody wrote to me about anything on Olympia hotel. I don't have anything at all,” he said.
Director of MOFI, Mrs West, said her office did not play any role in the concession of the hotel, adding that due process was not followed in the concession of the hotel by the former government.
During cross-examination by counsel to the concessionaire, Mr Nicholas Okafor, she said she does not know the current status of the hotel.
She said all letters she wrote to various ministries as the Director of MOFI, a body in charge of state government investment were not replied.
"MOFI was not involved in the concession of hotel Olympia, we did not play any role in the concession of hotel Olympia by the government of Rivers State. I did not know of the concession not to talk of the money. Nnoting was remitted to MOFI from the concession.
“I don't know who is the new owner of hotel Olympia and I don't have any letter showing there is a new owner. I heard of selling off of many property. So I don't know which one was sold because letters I wrote to ministries for information were not replied. So, I don't know if hotel Olympia had been concessioned.
“The entire process of privatisation, leasing or outright sale I think due process was not followed. MOFI as custodians was not consulted. I still have documents like share certificates of some of the properties so I don't know what happened," she said.
Centrum Properties Limited, the concessionaire reportedly paid N155.750million  into a Rivers State Government account through the Ministry of Commerce as concession fee for the property. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UBTH @50: Obaseki hails institution’s role in strengthening Edo healthcare

NBC has no powers to impose fine on broadcast stations --Court