Presidency wants to assassinate me, Amaechi alleges

(Nigeria) Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State, has accused the Federal Government of sending assassins after him (Amaechi) less than three days to the presidential election.

Amaechi, the Director-General of the Buhari Campaign Organisation in a petition, to President Goodluck Jonathan, alleged that the plot was to be executed by men of the Department of State Services, DSS with backing of soldiers from the 82 Division of the Nigerian Army, Enugu and was to be carried out on the day of the presidential election.
He claimed that the plot which was to be executed at his country home, was leaked to him by a party involved.
Ameachi’s petition reads "They have approved for 30 soldiers to come from 82 Division and the operation is being led by an Idoma (born) major. This plan was hatched by DSS which then asked for military cover when they would come to my village. When I initially heard it, I did not bother, I felt it was one of those rumours that politicians get until people from my village reported to me last night that strange people came into the community, drove round the community and left.
“And the person who gave me the information called back last night to say that they have come for recee and that by Thursday I should be careful.
"The person suggested that I leave the country and I felt that it would be cowardly and that if the president wants me dead let me first let the public know before I am shot to death.
"I hope you know that the chief of army staff is from Rivers State. This morning he has taken over Opobo town where the candidate of APC comes from and where he also comes from.
"They have deployed soldiers all over Rivers State, they are killing citizens. Also, the Police report clearly indicts some people in Okiirika, the shooting that was targeted at me, but unfortunately for them they didn't realise that I was going to be stopped from going because I had to brief the leadership of the (Buhari) campaign and that was what saved my life."
"As it is now, I need the president, the Inspector General of Police and the Chief of Army Staff to guarantee my safety. Don't forget that they have taken away nearly all my security. I have no CSO, I have no ADC. When I spoke to my director to ask the DG, DSS to post a CSO to me, he refused. My security has been depleted deliberately by the Federal Government.

"The way to ask for change is not to run away from change, it is to confront change."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UBTH @50: Obaseki hails institution’s role in strengthening Edo healthcare

Presidential poll: CNPP backs calls for live broadcast of tribunal’s proceedings