Gov Amaechi receives Pride of Emohua title

(Nigeria) In recognition of his people-oriented projects in the past seven years of his administration, Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State has been honoured by the people of Emohua Kingdom with a Chieftaincy title of “Ugwugwu of Emohua"(the Pride of Emohua).
The governor also received accolades from the people for his uncommon achievements in terms of infrastructure and manpower development.
The Paramount Ruler of Emohua, His Royal Majesty, Eze Oha Okor in an address presented by Chief Ozaze Obillor Rumuchie Emohua, the eight communities of Emohua clan comprising, Rumuchie, Mgbu-Itanwo, Odohua, Rumu-Akunde, Elibrada, Mgbu-etor, Isiodu and Rumu-Ohia, said “Because of the love and regard you have for Emohua, you are here today to visit Emohua. His Excellency, we were in Government House to appreciate you and to congratulate you in being who you are: bold, courageous, firm, decisive and focused on any agenda you are convinced about. You have shown most admirably the characteristic trait of a true son of Emohua and truly we are adopting you as a true son of Emohua. Thus, after your native home Ubima, take Emohua as your second home”.
 “The people of Emohua adore you and appreciate your administration for the landmark achievements brought to Rivers State. The many model schools, the modern road networks, the hospitals, the Greater Port Harcourt Project shall all speak your name long after you would have left the scene. In all these projects, you remembered Emohua, we celebrate you, we also appreciate you, we pledge our total support and loyalty to your government, Emohua is with you, Emohua is for you.
“We thank you for positively affecting the political careers of some eminent sons of Emohua. We are equally happy with the level of support most of our sons and daughters are giving to your administration. We know you have the records. Emohua has Professors, Engineers, Lawyers, Educationist and many other qualified persons. We have reservoirs of human capital you can always draw from, use them, appoint them to positions of responsibility and we assure you of good quality service.”
They also appealed to the governor to resurface the 3km Rumuakunde/Rumuchie road and the Elibrade-Odohua road among others.
Responding, Governor Amaechi thanked the people for their support and assured them of the reconstruction of Rumu-akunde/Rumuchie road of about 3km.
Governor Amaechi also used the occasion to pronounce the elevation of the stool of Eze Vincent Benson Okor from third class to First Class.
Amaechi said: “In my struggle to become relevant in life and in politics, I have always served my people. If you check in Emohua local government, there is only one village that is yet to have road. The only road that we have not done because we are owing the contractor is Rumuodogo road. The one that is a promise is the 3km road, I made that promise and I will redeem it before election. I will drive on that road before election time because I will come back here to ask for your vote.
“The next thing I will tell you is that I promised Emohua people that I will recognize His Highness. By Monday, I will make sure that he gets his letter of recognition as a First Class Stool and he will move from His Highness to His Majesty.
“I know for sure that the presence of APC here has dwarfed the presence of PDP. TAN(PDP campaigners) held their rally at Elekahia Staidum, a 16,000 capacity stadium, we shall hold our APC rally at the new 40,000 capacity stadium. I thank you for the honour and thank you for remaining steadfast in APC, and one assurance I will give you is that I will not disappoint you.
“In the history of Ikwerre this is about the first time we are important in national politics, we will not sell it for the position of the governor. This is the time when we will be here in Port Harcourt they will call us on the phone to attend meetings in Abuja. We will not sell it because of one young boy who for reasons of greed can even sell his parents. We cannot sell the right of Ikwerre people,” Amaechi explained.
The Paramount Ruler of Emohua, HRM Okor expressed gratitude to the governor for his elevation.
“In the past many Ikwerre sons have tried to become governor but to no avail, but Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi tried and got it by the grace of God. So we are happy there are strong men in Ikwerre, we thank you, His Excellency, the eight villages of Emohua are complete here in their numbers. We will continue to support your administration.
 “His Excellency, my predecessor, late Oha, His Royal Highness, Emmanuel Oriji had tried to clinch this first class title but to no avail but in a twinkle of an eye you gave it to me on a platter of gold. Today, we will honour you with a chieftaincy title of Eze Ugwugwu of Emohua (The Pride of Emohua) and from today you are a son of Emohua,” he said.
Earlier, member Representing Ikwerre/Emohua Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives, Chief Andrew I. Uchendu, acknowledged Governor Amaechi for showing love by identifying with the people.
Unchendu noted that the governor’s visit was a great honour to Emohua Kingdom. “Your Excellency, personally, I have been conferred with an eternal honour by you. If there is one achievement I will count as been priceless, highly valuable it is your visit to this kingdom today. Emohua is a collection of eight villages under the able leadership of the Paramount Ruler Okor. We have been living in peace all these years, there is no village that is not here today, even the oha’s are all here.
 “Your Excellency, I have always told my people that I am indebted to this kingdom. By your visit today I am redeeming that debt. Politically speaking I have a tradition of going back to my people once there is change of administration. I got back to my people to renew their support and mandate and I told them the achievements you have recorded as a governor and the ones I have also recorded, the challenges, you have and the ones I have, and I told them very clearly that because of what we have faced over the years that you are taking us to APC and that for now that is where I am.
“They went back, came back and gave me their blessing and renewed my mandate. Your Excellency, as I speak, I hold the political mantle in Emohua Kingdom. I have never disappointed them. Let me round up by saying that the entire eight communities of Emohua resolved that wherever you are taking them to, that is where they will go,” he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UBTH @50: Obaseki hails institution’s role in strengthening Edo healthcare

NBC has no powers to impose fine on broadcast stations --Court