STF investigating death of 4 soldiers -- commander

(Nigeria) The Special Task Force, STF, maintaining peace in Plateau State has said that it is investigating the killing on Monday of four soldiers at Gida Bua village in Langtang South Local Government Area of the state by gunmen.
``Yes, I can confirm to you that the incident took place. I am right now on my way to the area to investigate the development,’’ STF Commander, Maj.-Gen. Dave Enetie, told News Agency of Nigeria.
Enetie, who spoke in a telephone interview in Jos on Tuesday, however, declined to offer more details.
``I can’t tell you more than this; I will call you immediately I am back from the area,’’ he said.
The security personnel were ambushed by the unknown men while on a patrol.
``Nine soldiers were actually in the patrol vehicle, but five escaped,” a top security source confirmed to NAN.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UBTH @50: Obaseki hails institution’s role in strengthening Edo healthcare

Tinubu departs Nigeria for Europe on working visit