Husband, wife accuse each other of infidelity

(Nigeria) A couple, Mr Suraju Omolabi and Fumilayo Omolabi, on Thursday, urged an Abeokuta Grade II Customary Court in Ake to dissolve their 11-year-old marriage over alleged infidelity.
The couple is accusing each other of infidelity.
Fumilayo, 30, a trader who resides at No. 3, Agura Road, Abeokuta, had earlier told the court that Suraju beats her regularly and that she is tired of his infidelity.
``My husband beats me at any little mistake. He had battered me to the extent that I had miscarriage. He usually beats me to the extent that he will tear my clothes into pieces. I have also heard him receive calls from different women. I am no more interested in the marriage. Please I am fed up.''
Suaju, 42, a businessman, also accused his wife of receiving strange calls from different men at midnight.
He said ``my wife sneaks out of our matrimonial room at night to receive calls from many different men late at night.
``She deliberately installed a security code on her phone so that I will not access it. I am also no more interested in the marriage because I am tired of fighting everyday. I have reported the matter to her family but all my efforts proved abortive.''
The court’s President, Mr Isreal Fajebe, who said there was still room for reconciliation, adjourned the case to February 13 for possible reconciliation and judgment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UBTH @50: Obaseki hails institution’s role in strengthening Edo healthcare

Tinubu departs Nigeria for Europe on working visit