Court dissolves 21-year-old due to wife's infidelity

(Nigeria) A Grade III Customary Court in Osogbo, Osun State, on Thursday dissolved the 21-year-old marriage between one Joseph Akinola and  Kudirat  Akinola.
Akinola asked the court to dissolve the marriage, after accusing his wife of infidelity, unfaithfulness and stubbornness.
``My wife is in love with another man; I found his picture under her pillow, she was sleeping with his picture even when we were together.''
Akinola said his wife was influenced by a woman, Iya Shina, who was always inviting her to her residence.
``I know she was influenced by her friend, Iya Shina, who always invited my wife to her house. She was not like this when I married her; I met her as a virgin, so I am convinced she was influenced. Although we have three children together, I pray the court to separate us since we have been leaving separately when she moved out of my house five years ago,’’ he said.
 Kudirat, however, told the court that what her husband said was true.
``I got the picture he found with me from a photographer and it is true I am dating another man; if he wants us separated, I am ready to leave him,’’ she said.
The President of the court, Chief Nasiru Odelola, dissolved the marriage, saying that it was evident that the two no longer love each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UBTH @50: Obaseki hails institution’s role in strengthening Edo healthcare

NBC has no powers to impose fine on broadcast stations --Court