Police arrest man for allegedly giving 2-year-old girl alcohol to drink, stabbing mother

(Nigeria)The police in Abuja have arrested a 28-year-old man, who allegedly stabbed a woman, Mrs Anne Okoro, during a fight after she accused him of giving her daughter alcohol to drink. A senior police officer at the Apo Divisional Police Office, who pleaded anonymity, confirmed the arrest to the News Agency of Nigeria on Monday.
He told NAN that the suspect would be charged to court for alleged battery and attempted rape.
Okoro, who spoke to NAN reporters, said she had a misunderstanding with the suspect in the past, but the latest one turned violent.
``I saw my two-year-old daughter, behaving funny, and I knew that the suspect gave her Ogogoro (local gin) before, so I confronted him.
``He got angry and started insulting me. When I entered my room he followed me and started hitting me with an iron object.
``He hit my head and chest and stabled me with a knife,’’ she alleged

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UBTH @50: Obaseki hails institution’s role in strengthening Edo healthcare

Tinubu departs Nigeria for Europe on working visit